Saturday, June 28, 2008

Christophe and his fans: A love story

Christophe is extremely generous with his fans, and makes every effort to be in close contact with them. He maintains a myspace page that he (and not his record company!) updates semi-regularly. During his concerts, Christophe also thrives off of interacting with the audience. In an interview earlier this year, he said "When I'm onstage, I want to allow people to let go completely. I want them to use me for that! So that over the course of a 2 ½ hour concert, they wind up letting loose and climbing on their seats… I talk a lot on stage, sometimes for three or four minutes between each song so that people can say to themselves: 'I wasn't just at a Christophe concert, I really spent an evening with him.'".

In the video below, Christophe's fans surprised him in the middle of a concert with a reworked version of his song, "Jacques A Dit". The ovation that followed lasted more than 3 minutes, and moved him to tears! When Christophe finally spoke, he gave one of the most touching and heartfelt thank you speeches I have ever seen. The video below (taken by Christelle, and used with her permission) has been subtitled:


Christophe also endorses and did a series of publicity ads for a fan-made magazine, Otake Mag. The magazine features exclusive interviews and photos of Christophe, as well as articles written by his fans. While most of his fans are of French or Belgian origin, Christophe's international popularity has been growing, through strong word of mouth, and thanks to the success of his single Double Je.

Which is where we come in! Tell your friends. And if you speak any French at all, join the fun on Christophe's official forum. The fans there are very welcoming and excited at the international attention he is getting.

As always, feel free to contact me if I can be of any help. :)

No comments: